Monday 24 October 2011

Time flies and I forgot to blog

Good intentions failed me, I got so busy I forgot to blog, it did get manic balancing work and everything else. Still I now have an iPad which should improve my blogging.
I'm determined to get loads of veg in to overwinter this year. I got a deal through mr fothergills for some cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower plants, plus some lettuces and they are now safely in the ground. I sowed some broad beans and turnips, using radish as an intercropping and all are doing nicely. I just need to keep the slugs and pigeons off them.
I have a packet of meteor peas to go in, these are supposed to be hardy and cope with overwintering. I've also got the garlic and onions to go in.
Before I can plant anymore, I need to move all the shrubs we bought earlier in the year into Laura's garden, this is now going to be our rose and herb garden. I've reclaimed some of the lawn, made a larger bed, we've bought the stepping stones to keep the access to the wood storage. This pathway will be great edged with thymes, but for now, lots of bulbs, violas and polyanthus are ready to go in, with some beautiful cyclamen for instant colour.
As soon as the herb garden is planted, we can start on the next veg bed and get that planted.
No peace for the wicked, we've also got to clear the greenhouse completely out, so we can let off a sulphur candle in it, this will kill any moulds, bacteria etc before we put up the bubblewrap and bring in the fuchsias and olive, also all of the geraniums and then we can take loads of cuttings.
The forecast is wet, wet, wet, but the garden needs the rain.
So there are the plans,
How much will we achieve........

No comments:

Post a Comment